Health and Wellness
District 126 maintains health offices in each of our schools in order to meet the needs of our students. In addition, our nurse visits classrooms to teach students about health related topics such as growth and development, hygiene, and dental health.
Guidelines for Student Attendance at School
Student should not be in school if any of the following are present:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or higher. Temperature should be normal for 24 hours without medication before returning to school
- Severe headache
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Students should not return to school until 24 hours past the last episode
- Uncontrolled coughing, sore throat, earache, stomachache
- Undiagnosed, unexplained rash
- Pink/red eye(s), eye irritation, drainage and/or crusting
Important Reminders from the Health Office:
- GYM: A doctor’s note is required to be excused from gym. The student will not be allowed to return to gym without a doctor’s clearance.
- MEDICATIONS: Contact the health office for required forms for the administration of any medications at school including prescription and over the counter medications. This includes cough drops
- ABSENCE: Please call your school’s attendance line to report an absence before 9 am. Please inform the school if your child has been diagnosed with a contagious illness. If absent more than 3 days, a doctor’s note is required.
Students should be reminded to practice good hygiene such as covering their mouths while coughing or sneezing, and frequent hand washing. We appreciate your cooperation in this attempt to maintain a healthy learning environment.